“If you learn what good meeting-people-for-the-first-time conversationalists do, you too can become a great conversationalist. It really is that simple.” — Marvin Brown
Speaking to strangers is one of the biggest social fears many people face, be it on vacation, at a wedding, a trade show, a party or at work—in fact any place people happen to be. In this book, author Marvin Brown teaches easy-to-use strategies that strip the fear of its power. With his communication techniques you will soon find that meeting people can be a relaxed, enjoyable part of life—every day, everywhere! This book is a must-read for anyone who is serious about learning and developing superior conversational skills.
Marvin shows how seemingly small social interactions open the door to comfortable communication with anyone you happen to meet—or want to meet. He presents dozens of fresh, original ways guaranteed to navigate you successfully through any type of situation with other people.
Learn how to:
- Bounce from “small talk” to “interesting conversational talk” any time you want.
- Never be at a loss for words or subjects to talk about—even on a first date or at a company party.
- Start conversations with people you really want to meet—in professional or social settings.
- Extract yourself gracefully from know-it-alls, bores, or negative people you don’t want to talk to.
- Improve conversation with people you know, including bosses, co-workers, clients, friends and family, and even everyday acquaintances such as the café barista.
- Make a memorable first and lasting impression with clients, business colleagues, new in-laws, next-door neighbors, prospective love partners, and many more.
Whether it’s giving or receiving compliments, or the art of giving or taking criticism well, the tips and techniques that fill this book will be invaluable for salespeople, shy people, job seekers, young employees, singles, and virtually everyone else who’s ever experienced an uncomfortable moment or missed an opportunity to talk to someone they wanted to meet.
With its timeless advice and techniques, How to Meet and Talk to Anyone…Anywhere… Anytime is an instant self-help classic.
For more information about Marvin Brown’s workshops and keynote speeches, you can contact him here.